Teeth Whitening – Auburn, ME
Make Your Smile Glow
Teeth are not naturally white. Add to that the fact that daily eating and drinking can stain your enamel, and you could easily end up with a smile that is not as bright as you wish. Our team is here to help with professional teeth whitening in Auburn. Our powerful and fast whitening options can make your teeth several shades lighter in a short period of time. Get in touch today to schedule your cosmetic consultation.
Why Choose Willow Run Dental Association for Teeth Whitening?
- In-Office and Take-Home Whitening Available
- More Powerful than OTC Options
- Achieve a More Confident Smile
Who Is a Good Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening treatments are able to address most extrinsic (in the enamel) stains in teeth. For example, it can help to reverse discoloration caused by overconsumption of coffee, red wine, and highly pigmented foods. It can also help to brighten teeth that have become darkened due to tobacco use. It is less effective for intrinsic stains (in the dentin, the second layer of teeth). Your cosmetic dentist in Auburn will let you know whether whitening would work for your unique case.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
Teeth whitening uses a powerful bleaching formula that penetrates the tooth enamel and breaks up pigment molecules, resulting in a brighter smile. Professional treatments are customized to meet a patient’s unique needs. Depending on your preferences and circumstances, we might recommend that you either undergo an in-office ZOOM! whitening session or purchase a ZOOM! take-home whitening kit. Here is an overview of how the different teeth whitening options work:
Take-Home Teeth Whitening
A take home whitening kit uses dental trays that are loaded with a bleaching formula, the concentration of which is tailored to your unique needs. You use the kit as directed, and after about two weeks, you can expect your teeth to be significantly brighter. Professional whitening kits are more powerful than those you can buy over-the-counter.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
If you want to brighten your smile as quickly as possible, in-office whitening may be right for you. We apply a powerful whitening gel to your teeth, and we activate it with a special light. Within an hour or so, this safe and effective treatment has the potential to whiten your teeth by several shades.
Tips for Maintaining Your Brighter Smile
Here are some tips to help the results of your whitening treatment last as long as possible:
- For the first 48 hours after an in-office whitening treatment, eat a “white diet.” That is to say, you should only eat clear or extremely light-colored foods and beverages.
- Maintain excellent oral hygiene.
- Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Enjoy dark beverages like coffee and red wine through a straw so they have minimal contact with your teeth.
- Visit your dentist every six months for a cleaning and checkup.
Understanding the Cost of Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is one of the lower-priced cosmetic services available at Willow Run Dental Association. When you visit us for your consultation, we can talk about specific numbers. With the help of financing or other provisions, most patients find that they are able to fit this treatment into their budget without too much trouble.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Teeth Whitening
We usually charge a flat rate for teeth whitening services. However, there are some factors that might complicate the situation and lead to variances in price:
- Serious discoloration. Severe stains may be more challenging to address and lead to higher fees.
- The type of staining. Some dental stains are extrinsic (on the tooth enamel), whereas others are intrinsic (inside the teeth). Similarly, certain types of discoloration may be caused by medication or age rather than dietary choices. All of these factors could have a bearing on the price of teeth whitening.
- Additional care. Some patients might need fillings or other restorative care in addition to their whitening service.
Types of Teeth Whitening: What Do They Cost?
There are four basic categories of teeth whitening, and each comes at a different price point:
- In-office professional whitening. This may cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to more than $1,000. It depends on the specific methods used and a practice’s pricing policies.
- Professional take-home whitening kits. These are usually just a few hundred dollars. They include custom trays that perfectly fit a patient’s teeth. They may also include a formula that is tailored to a patient’s unique needs.
- Over-the-counter whitening trays. These are not custom-fit and often cost less than $100.
- Whitening strips or gels. These products usually cost less than $50 and are easy to find at most pharmacies and big box stores.
Professional Teeth Whitening vs. Inexpensive Teeth Whitening
When you look at the numbers above, you might wonder why anyone would purchase professional whitening services when cheaper options are so readily available. Simply put, professional whitening offers advantages that you cannot get from over-the-counter products, including:
- Custom whitening trays can reduce the risk that whitening gel will irritate the sensitive soft tissues in your mouth. They are also more comfortable than non-custom trays.
- Professional guidance. Your dentist will take steps to ensure that your whitening journey is as safe as possible.
- Faster, more noticeable results. Many patients have been disappointed after using over-the-counter whitening options. Professional formulas are more powerful and can drastically brighten your smile.
Options for Making Teeth Whitening Affordable
Teeth whitening is considered to be a purely elective cosmetic service, so you should not expect your dental insurance to cover it. However, there are other provisions that might make it easier for you to afford your new look:
- Most patients qualify for low-interest financing through CareCredit. It can enable you to pay for your whitening treatment across several monthly payments.
- Essential Dental Plan. This discount plan provides reduced fees on virtually all the services available in our office.
Would you like a brighter smile? Get in touch with our team today to learn more about teeth whitening and its price.